February 20, 2009

Candidate Statement for April Chess Life

After graduating from Harvard in 1976, I spent fourteen years as an Engineering Manager for Digital, a major computer manufacturer, eight of them in Europe. In 1993, I started an Internet development company. In 1998 I became a VP of Engineering at Oracle, a former client. Since 2001, I have been a consultant.

I now live in Carlisle, Massachusetts with my wife and two children. Returning to chess as a "Chess Dad", in summer 2007 I volunteered full-time on the redesign of the USCF website. I am an active board member of MACA. I help run a scholastic chess club.

The USCF faces critical decisions, and I am running for the EB to be an independent voice on the Board and to bring my solid technical, management, and entrepreneurial experience to the USCF.

0 comments:

Post a Comment